This is a weekly group for service users who would like to learn positive thinking skills as well as socialise. As a volunteer, you would assist the member of staff in arranging weekly activities and materials, initiating discussion with the group, helping with setting up and clearing away after the group.
• Delivering the group sessions to service users with the project officer.
• Helping project officer to arrange weekly activities.
• Engage service users and illicit ideas from the group.
• Provide support to service users within the centre.
• Signposting and referring service users to a team where necessary.
• Assist with setting up and clearing away for each session.
• Debrief with facilitator/project officer after each session.
What will you get:
You could gain new skills in group facilitation and experience of team work with social interaction. You would be working alongside experienced member of staff. Training will be provided.
It is a great opportunity to gain experience in facilitating the groups and learning about the group’s dynamics. Perfect if you are looking to gain experience to progress into Mental Health related career in the future.
Mind in Mid Herts is a registered charity that helps people suffering from mental health issues in St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Hertford and Stevenage by providing support, advice and information.
We are looking for a volunteer who would genuinely be interested in our organisation, would be able to commit for at least 3 months of volunteering and would like to learn and gain experience. The qualities we are after:
• Empathy with Mental health issues
• Organisational skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Enthusiasm to learn
• Ability to use initiative
• Teamwork skills
Volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
Reasonable out of pocket expenses are agreed and reimbursed.
The Wellbeing Centre faces the Stevenage Bus Station and is based between McDonalds and Lloyds Bank.
Training provided. Training opportunities through the partneship organisations available.