Are you interested in working with people who suffer from mental health problems? Would you like to gain more experience and improve your skills? Do you have a few hours to spare to support your local community?
We are looking for volunteers to contribute to the operation of the Wellbeing Centre. We need volunteers with empathy, good listening and communication skills. Understanding of Mental Health issues is important.
We would love to hear from you if you are an enthusiastic team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude, who is reliable and committed to providing great service. A willingness to learn about the work of Mind in Mid Herts in order to promote our services is also a must. A readiness to learn about current procedures and keep up to date with current activities and services we offer is essential.
You should have the desire to maintain a pleasant working environment and more than anything HAVE FUN.
The Group Facilitator’s role involves:
• Delivering the group sessions to service users with the project officer. The group sessions might include a course or be a discussion.
• Delivering the sessions with a colleague (another experienced volunteer) when you are ready and feel confident to do so.
• Engage service users and illicit ideas from the group.
• Provide support to service users within the centre.
• Signposting and referring service users to a team where necessary.
• Assist with setting up and clearing away for each session.
• Debrief with facilitator/project officer after each session.
What will you get:
• Exciting training opportunities are available.
• It is a great opportunity to gain experience in facilitating the groups and learning about the group’s dynamics. Perfect if you are looking to gain experience to progress into Mental Health related career in the future.
• Great way to network and meet likeminded people
• Opportunity to socilise
• Flexible hours to volunteer
• We are open to ideas and innovations!
Mind in Mid Herts is a registered charity that helps people suffering from mental health issues in St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Hertford and Stevenage by providing support, advice and information.
We are looking for a volunteer who would genuinely be interested in our organisation, would be able to commit for at least 3 months of volunteering and would like to learn and gain experience. The qualities we are after:
• Empathy with Mental health issues
• Organisational skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Enthusiasm to learn
• Ability to use initiative
• Teamwork skills
Volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
We will cover up to five pounds a day for your travel expenses.
The Wellbeing Centre faces the Stevenage Bus Station and is based between McDonalds and Lloyds Bank.