We providie specialist and integrated services which focus on improving lives and communities across mental health, learning disability, substance misuse, primary care, the criminal justice system and employment. Role Purpose: • To support the BRIC (Building Recovery in Communities) Coordinator in developing asset based community development within the three boroughs.
To undertake tasks and training which make up a individual volunteer placement which is rewarding and provides new skills and perspectives.
• An exciting and varied placement at the recovery and wellbeing network
• The opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to explore a career in substance misuse
Turning Point is a social enterprise, focused on improving lives and communities. We’ve been working hard to support people to turn their lives around for 50 years, with highly experienced teams providing exceptional care that delivers excellent value for money. We offer multiple services and we are experts highly skilled in helping people with the most complex needs.
You will need to be willing to learn and passionate about your community. It’s important that have an open mind and a non-judgemental attitude. Basic skills in numeracy and literacy are essential as well as IT are an advantage. To support the Community Development Coordinator with Asset Based Community Development across Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster.
• To work with multiple partners, service users, peer mentors, volunteers, recovery networks and community groups to support the development of recovery communities.
• To support the Community Development Coordinator in the development of partnerships with community networks and community groups to engage and establish links in order to deliver Recovery Activities in partnership with, and within the wider community
• Carrying out scoping exercises to map out resources in the community that can support wellbeing
• Attending events across the three boroughs to support and promote the Drug & Alcohol Wellbeing service and the Community Development Coordinator
• To provide high levels of customer service with stakeholders and maintaining a safe environment for individuals in line with turning point health and safety procedures.
You will need to be willing to learn and passionate about your community. It’s important that have an open mind and a non-judgemental attitude. Basic skills in numeracy and literacy are an as well as I.T are an advantage.
To ensure compliance with internal and external standards and codes of conduct by:
• Meeting all regulatory requirements
• Complying with our Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and Volunteering Agreement as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook
• Developing on understanding of theoretical models of asset based community development
• Undertake further training and development as required
• Participating in open two-way dialogue during 1-1 Support Meetings in which tasks and development objectives are agreed and identifying any training needs
• Participating in training and other development opportunities as agreed within the 1-1 Support Meeting