Volunteers wanted at Deal Hospital to assist staff and patients at mealtimes. You would:
* Help staff with patient hand washing and giving out hand wipes prior to a meal
* Give out meals and assist on refreshments trolley
* Sit with patients whilst eating, offering encouragement, perhaps cutting up food either individually or at a
* Talk and communicate with patients
* Take menu cards around to patients, help patients complete menu cards
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust provides wide-ranging NHS care for people, in their community, in a range of settings including peoples’ own homes, nursing homes, health clinics, community hospitals, minor injury units, a walk-in centre, and in mobile units.
We are one of the largest NHS Community Health providers in England, serving a population of about 1.4 million. We employ around 5,700 staff including community nurses, physiotherapists, dietitians and many other healthcare professionals.
We were formed on 1 April 2011 from the merger of Eastern and Coastal Kent Community Services NHS Trust and West Kent Community Health.
Our vision is ‘to be the provider of choice by delivering excellent care and improving the health of our communities.’
Our values demonstrate that the Trust acts with integrity and professionalism by:
• Caring with compassion
• Listening, responding and empowering
• Leading through partnerships
• Learning, sharing and innovating
• Striving for excellence
Outgoing, friendly and patient, happy to talk to strangers, ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
18 years old at least