Mind in Mid Herts has a positive and holistic approach to promoting mental well being. We support individuals who are suffering or who have suffered from mental and emotional distress. Mind in Mid Herts is a local mental health voluntary association and charity affiliated to national Mind.
Without volunteers Mind in Mid Herts could not maintain the levels of service that it currently provides. Induction, training and support and supervision are provided for all volunteers.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with great communication skills to work alongside our project officers to help delivering groups and activities at Stevenage Wellbeing centre. As a drama group volunteer you would be working alongside one of the project officers. You would use plays, books and other sources to run the group in a creative way.
• Prepare the room ready for the group
• Welcome clients to the group and ensure they are comfortable
• Engage with clients through talking and using drama, acting or arts
• Signpost clients to other groups, courses as external services which may be of benefit
• Report any safeguarding issues immediately to the facilitator/member of staff
• Assist with clearing away
• Debrief with Facilitator after each session.
Mind in Mid Herts is a registered charity that helps people suffering from mental health issues in St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Hertford and Stevenage by providing support, advice and information.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health issues and/or support people that are experiencing mental illness. As this is a speciality group we would require that you have an experience or an interest in drama or arts. We are looking for someone who is:
• Empathetic, understanding and non-judgemental individual
• Effective communicator
• Positive attitude
• Reliable and confidential.
Expenses paid up to a limit of £5 per day.
Induction and training on the role, in addition to a mandatory training package and access to free and low
cost training through partner organisations.
Supervision and line management.
DBS clearance required leading to free membership of the DBS Update Service.